Last Updated: August 24, 2017
The Policy applies to information we collect from you when you interact with the Hushly Service on a third party website. As part of the Services, the business related information you provide to us through the data entry form that you complete is enhanced and verified by reference to third party sources such as LinkedIn or your company’s website. This Policy does not apply to that information, except with regard to obtaining your opt-in consent to share the information with our Partners.
Hushly™ Services enables users to opt in to receive information from specific Hushly Partners about whom the user has already expressed an interest. The primary purpose and function of the Service is to facilitate engagement and commerce among our Partners and users who have expressed an interest in sharing the information about one another.
Once a user has displayed an interest in certain content published by a Hushly Partner, the Service offers an opportunity for the user to receive additional content in exchange for providing certain business related personal information. The information provided is verified and enhanced from other sources to promote currency, and then provided to the Partner for further action.
II. Information We Collect
The Service may collect and store the following personal information:
- The user’s name, business e-mail, company and country information;
- Transactional information based on the user’s activities on the Partner sites the user visits or in which the user expresses an interest, including emails and other content the user requests or generates;
- Other information from the user’s interaction with our Service, our Partner sites and the Partner Content they offer, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
- Other business-related contact and firmographic information (not limited to user’s name and his or her, company name, company’s location, company industry, title, role, department and the company’s phone number) we learn about users from our data services partners.
III. Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting the user’s personal information is to provide a smooth, efficient, and customized experience.
We use the information the user provides to enrich, human-verify and update the user’s information through our third party providers to enhance the engagement between the user and those Partners in which the user has shown an interest. By providing the information requested to obtain the Partner Content on the site the user is visiting, the user has consented to our sharing that information with that Partner for the purpose of promoting, marketing and selling that Partner’s products or services to the user. Hushly’s Partners are not permitted to use the user’s information provided to them for any other purpose without the user’s further consent. Additionally, Hushly will obtain further opt-in consent from the user before sharing the collected information with other Partners.
Partners for whom the user provides the information may use it to:
- Promote, market and sell the Partner’s products or services to the user or the user’s company; and
- Inform the user about service updates and promotional offers based on the user’s expressed interests and communication preferences.
Hushly may use the information to:
- Provide the Service and customer support requested by the user;
- Customize, measure and improve our Services; and
- In other ways that we may describe when the user provides the information; and
- For any other purpose with the user’s consent.
We may also use the information to contact the user about Partners’ and other third party offerings that may be of interest to the user. The user may opt out of our use of the information in this way by selecting the unsubscribe link in the email received.
By providing his or her e-mail address and country location in the pop-up box on the Partner’s website and electing to verifying the e-mail address, the user confirms his or her consent to the collection and use of the information as described in Sections II and III above.
We use “cookies” or similar data identifiers (small files placed on a computer’s hard drive in certain of our applications to help analyze our users’ use and penetration; customize our services and content; and promote trust and safety. Here is some important information about cookies:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from the computer’s hard drive at the end of a session. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” and remain on the hard drive or smartphone after the user terminates the session. These are used to customize the user’s experience and avoid the necessity of repeatedly inputting the same information.
- Users may decline our cookies if his or her browser permits, although doing so may interfere with the user’s use of the Service.
VI. Sharing of Collected Information
The Service will share the collected user data with those of our Partners whom you have authorized to send additional content as described in Section III. In some cases we may transfer personal information of users outside the United States to unaffiliated third party controllers. We will only provide such personal information to third party controllers where the user has opted in to such disclosures. We do not invite users to contribute sensitive information and strongly discourage them from doing so.
In addition, we reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. It is our policy to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
VII. Accessing and Correcting User Information
Users may review and change their personal information by sending an e-mail to support@Hushly.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information about the user that we have collected. Often, we cannot delete a user’s personal information without adversely affecting the quality and availability of the Service. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
The user and Hushly may terminate the Service at any time. Upon termination, the user will no longer have access to the Service. Even after termination, copies of user’s information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages and will remain viewable to the Partners with whom the information has been shared.
VIII. Changes in Policy
Our web hosting and other service providers use lots of tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, including encryption, passwords and physical security. We believe that we maintain reasonable procedures to ensure that personal data of European residents is secure and reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. However, no data storage facility can be made completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully access data or intercept transmissions or private communications. Although we try very hard to protect users’ privacy, we do not promise, and users should not expect, that their personal information or private communications will always remain secure and private. We are committed to complying with all legal notification requirements if that happens. If you are not comfortable risking the inadvertent disclosure of your private information please do not post it on the Service.
X. Contact Information