Last Updated: May 27, 2017
Hushly™ Services enables users to opt in to receive information from specific Hushly Partners about whom the user has already expressed an interest. The primary purpose and function of the Service is to facilitate engagement and commerce among users and our Partners who have expressed an interest in receiving the information about one another.
Once a user has displayed an interest in certain content published by a Hushly Partner, the Service offers an opportunity for the user to receive additional content in exchange for providing certain business related personal information. The information provided is verified and enhanced to promote currency, and then provided to the Partner for further action.
II. Information Collection
When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information from Hushly by Opting-In (i.e., allowing specific Hushly Partners to send more content) Hushly requests that the user provide his or her business email and country information . The user may elect not to provide the information, in which case the additional content offered by the Partner will not be made available. However, if the user elects to provide Hushly with personal information, the user is no longer anonymous to the Site. If you choose to provide the requested information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers and to Partners’ servers as you elect.
The Service may collect and store the following personal information:
1. Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as emails) and other content you request or generate
2. Other information from your interaction with our Site, our Partner sites, our Services, content, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information. In addition, we may collect user’s name and his or her, company name, company’s location, company industry, title, role, department and the company’s phone number; and
3. Other contact and firmographic information we learn about you from our data services partners.
III. Use of Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Partners for whom you provide the information may use it to:
1. Provide the Service and customer support you request;
2. Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising; and
3. Tell you about service updates and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
By using the Service, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described in Sections II and III.
We use “cookies” or similar data identifiers (small files placed on your hard drive in certain of our applications to help analyze our users’ use and penetration; customize our services and content; and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
3. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” and remain on your hard drive or smartphone after you terminate the session. These are used to customize your user experience and avoid the necessity of repeatedly inputting the same information.
4. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Service.
VI. Sharing of Collected Information
The Service will share data about you with those of our Partners whom you have authorized to send additional content).
In addition, we reserve the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. It is our policy to cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials or agencies in the investigation of any violation of these Terms or of any applicable laws.
VII. Retention of Collected Information
You and Hushly may terminate the Service at any time. Upon termination, you will not have access to the Service. Contact Information and content posted through the Service will remain on the Hushly database and available for use in accordance with Hushly Terms, policies and practices.
VIII. Hushly Partner Communications
We communicate with Partners through e-mail. Partners and users may choose to opt out of receiving e-mail communications from the Site by following clear opt-out instructions that are included in e-mail messages. However, we periodically communicate information to Partners about Partner accounts, renewal notices and information about Service changes in order to ensure the integrity of our Services, and such communications cannot be terminated by Partners unless they cease to subscribe to the service. Users who are not registered with the Site will not receive such notifications.
IX. Changes in Policy
Our web hosting and other services providers use lots of tools to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, including encryption, passwords and physical security. However, no data storage facility can be made completely secure, and third parties may unlawfully access data or intercept transmissions or private communications. We are committed to complying with all legal notification requirements if that happens. Although we try very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain secure and private. If you are not comfortable risking the inadvertent disclosure of your private information please do not post it on the Site or Service.